That would be fail. Epic fail. As in me. As in our grand plans to homeschool. Did you ever have one of those days you wish you could crawl under a rock and not come out again until next year? If I could, I would! Here’s the deal. Based on my last post (complete with homeschool video tour, etc.) it was pretty evident that I was having some uneasy feelings about homeschooling. Not for my lack of interest, but mostly because of other factors: my busier workdays, Jim’s new schedule, the babies, and not receiving the materials yet. Mostly just fear of the unknown. Since we’ve been down this road before, you would think that we would just soldier on and weather the storms as they came, if they even came at all. That’s what we had prepared to do. Then, everything changed in the last 24 hours. My husband had a heart-to-heart with a good friend and someone from our church/school who really laid out some compelling points. Most of these we had considered before, but in the context of their conversation, for Jim it just seemed to make a difference today. So, based on my apprehension, his newly birthed business that he’s trying to get off the ground, and the fact that the kids’ school is a place we genuinely liked and want to support, we decided to bail out, pull the emergency chute, and change our minds. At the 11th hour. As in, school starts on Tuesday! So we just went from calmly waiting and being totally prepared to settle into homeschool life, to a chaotic day of gathering supplies and dusting off old uniforms.